1400 N American St. UNIT 103
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Join TILT Institute for the Contemporary Image, in collaboration with The Photographer’s Green Book, for the Opening Reception of a new group exhibition titled, ‘If We Never Get Better.’ At 5 p.m., guests can join the exhibition’s curator and The Photographer’s Green Book’s Editor-in-Chief, Sydney Ellison, for an in-depth tour that provides an overview of the artists’ works and process.
‘If We Never Get Better’ features work from lens-based artists who focus on health/care, collective grief, disability, illness, and healing as components of their practices. The artwork invites the viewer to consider: What if these circumstances aren’t pitied, ignored, or wished away, but instead are seen as a place for the study and cultivation of new skills that allow us to relate to others in a different way?
If We Never Get Better features artists Anique Jordan, Ari Golub, Clifford Prince King, Debmalya Ray Choudhuri, Frances Bukovsky, Jaklin Romine, Jenica Heintzelman, Shala Miller, and Shanna Merola.
Other Events in the Region
- Black History Month: Celebration Of African Americans In Science At The Franklin Institute
- Helium Presents: Black History Month’s Winter Cookout
- Leaders & Legends At Smith Memorial Playground & Playhouse
- Keep Going: A Black History Discovery Hunt At The Independence Visitor Center
- Tipsy History: A Love Story