Gettin Our Irish On
You expect large cities like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh to have extensive St. Patrick's Day celebrations, and they do. Parades, parties, Irish music, and dance, are just a few of the ways we celebrate the event in Pennsylvania's largest cities (See links below). Fortunately, the Irish heritage is celebrated throughout the commonwealth.
Many Irish immigrants came to Pennsylvania after the potato famine. Their contribution, particularly in coal mining, put towns like Scranton and Ashland on the map.
Here are just a few fun ways to Get Your Irish on this St. Patrick's Day:
• March 11 - Scranton St. Patrick's Day Parade, Scranton
• March 11 - 34th Annual York St. Patrick's Day Parade, York
• March 17 - St. Patrick's Day at Tellus360, Lancaster
• March 19 - Bigfoot St. Patrick's Day Hike, Wampum
• March 25 - St. Patrick's Day Parade, Girardville
10 Fun Things To Do Before The Kids Go Back To School
Not ready to give up on summer fun just yet? Neither are we!
Independence Day Celebrations
30 Independence Day Celebrations to bring out the patriot in anyone!
Made In America
York’s Made in America celebrates local manufacturing and artistry.
Charter Day in Pennsylvania
On Sunday, March 10th, Pennsylvania celebrates its birthday with free admission to many historic sites and museums.