Gettin Our Irish On
You expect large cities like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh to have extensive St. Patrick's Day celebrations, and they do. Parades, parties, Irish music, and dance, are just a few of the ways we celebrate the event in Pennsylvania's largest cities (See links below). Fortunately, the Irish heritage is celebrated throughout the commonwealth.
Many Irish immigrants came to Pennsylvania after the potato famine. Their contribution, particularly in coal mining, put towns like Scranton and Ashland on the map.
Here are just a few fun ways to Get Your Irish on this St. Patrick's Day:
• March 11 - Scranton St. Patrick's Day Parade, Scranton
• March 11 - 34th Annual York St. Patrick's Day Parade, York
• March 17 - St. Patrick's Day at Tellus360, Lancaster
• March 19 - Bigfoot St. Patrick's Day Hike, Wampum
• March 25 - St. Patrick's Day Parade, Girardville
Merry & Bright
25 magical destinations in PA that are sure to make your Christmas merry and bright.
Why We Love Fall
6 Ways To Experience The Season's Best
Lehigh Valley Zoo
There's no better time than September to do the zoo!
10 Bucket List July 4th Celebrations in PA
From huge events in Philly and Pittsburgh to small town affairs, these 4th of July Celebrations are road trip worthy!